Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Next Best Thing Since Rock Music

For the three or four people who are actually reading this, my name is Aaron.

And now for the other two who are still reading to this point, I should probably throw out my idea for the game. The setting of the game is in America, modern day, and the player plays as a rock band (and they play real music, not that Justin Bieber "music") trying to reach a concert here in fabulous West Virginia. You start in Florida, and work your way north through states such as Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and finally West Virginia. In order to move on through to the next state, you must correctly answer 3 questions about the states' history. If you miss the question, you lose one life, and you have a total of three lives. After those lives run out, the bus breaks down, you you have to restart the game. Clues within the level will help you solve the questions and move on to the next state.

Yes, I know this sounds over-the-top for somebody with my experience in Flash, but considering I have a lot of time to work on it, I think I can make this game come to life. And reading through sites like the Halo Wars Development Blog and the basic information of strategy games from Wikipedia (under the Research Links section), I think I know what I need to do to make this game work.

The more I think about it, the more I realize this game idea is becoming more of an adventure game than anything else.... whoops.

Update soon, comment, subscribe, and spread the word.
Rock it out \m/

3 comments:

  1. Count me in the three or four people reading this post. Good job Aaron! I plan on having my students visit your site for inspiration. Keep up the good work. I am excited to see your game progress. ~ Mrs. Halsey - LHS

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be the next best thing since rock music. but nothing will ever be as good as rock music lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful game idea, Aaron. Are you planning on working with anyone, or are you doing this alone?

    ReplyDelete